The state Election Commission said candidates tossed off next month's primary ballots because of a court decision will get their filing fees back and have a chance to get onto the November ballots.
Commission spokesman Chris Whitmire said Thursday the agency is returning about $194,000 paid by 193 former candidates.
The candidates were booted from the June 12 primaries after the state Supreme Court ruled last month on a lawsuit involving improperly filed paperwork. The justices ruled state law requires those seeking office to file a "statement of economic interest" at the same time they file for candidacy.
Whitmire said the state Republican and Democratic parties should each get a check next week to distribute through the county parties.
The state GOP will receive more than $79,000 for 82 refunds. The Democrats will get more than $114,000 for 111 candidates.
Whitmire told FOX Carolina that the candidates knocked off the ballots can petition to get onto the November ballots even though they won't be on the June 12 ballots.
In order to qualify, candidates have to get 5 percent of the people in the district they are running in to sign the petition. The petition must be submitted by noon on July 16 then the commission will have 30 days to verify the document.
If verified, candidates will know on Aug. 16 if they will be on the November ballots or not.
Copyright 2012 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved. The Associated Press contributed to this report.