Man says he won't be charged in shooting of teen - FOX Carolina 21

Man says he won't be charged in shooting of teen

Posted: Updated: June 29, 2012 05:48 PM
GREENVILLE, SC (FOX Carolina) -

The man who shot a 16-year-old he caught breaking into his car will not be charged, according to the shooter.

In early May, a Greenville homeowner caught a teenager breaking into his car and shot him before he tried to flee, deputies said.

Greenville County deputies said they were called to a N. Haven Drive home about 1:30 a.m. where they found the 16-year-old suspect of an autobreaking incident had been shot.

Deputies said the man found the teen breaking into his car in the driveway, challenged him then shot at him. They said suspect tried to flee but couldn't because of his injuries.

The teen was taken to the hospital and treated, deputies said. They said he was charged with autobreaking and released to his parent. His identity was not released because he was a juvenile.

The homeowner told FOX Carolina Friday that the solicitor's office will not press charges against him.

Copyright 2012 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.