Below are two recipes from Celebrate the Carolinas' Easley sponsor Outback Steakhouse.
4 ea. 6-7 oz. Top Sirloin Steaks, cut 1-1/4" thick
4 tsp Creole Seasoning, (Paul Prudhomme's Meat Magic, or Tony Chacherie's)
2 Tbls vegetable oil
1. Preheat flat griddle or heavy bottomed grill pan to appx 400°.
2. Season each side of the steaks with ½ teaspoon of creole seasoning.
3. Coat each seasoned steak with ½ tablespoon of vegetable oil and allow to marinate for at least one hour and up to 3 hours in refrigerator. Remove from refrigeration 30 min prior to grilling.
4. Place seasoned steaks on heated grill for 3 min on first side and 3 min on the second side for medium rare doneness. After grilling, it is important to allow the steaks to "rest" for five minutes before cutting to retain the juices.
Snow Crab Entree
1 lb. Snow Crab Legs
As needed Crab Butter
1 ea. Lemon Wedge
1. Place a large pot with a tight fitting lid on stove over medium high heat. Place a steamer basket in the bottom of the pan. Fill the pan with water until ½" below the steamer basket. Bring the water up to a full rolling boil.
2. Place crab legs. Place the lid back on the pot. Set a timer for 4 minutes. (Cook times may vary with steamers).
3. Pull cooked crab from steamer and check the internal temperature of crab. Internal temperature of crab must be a minimum of 165 degrees.
4. Place crab leg on hot platter with the larger piece(s) on top and the red facing upward.
5. Garnish with melted butter and a lemon wedge.
6. Serve immediately.