Woman electrocuted while mowing lawn - FOX Carolina 21

Woman electrocuted while mowing lawn

Posted: Updated:
BLACKSBURG, SC (FOX Carolina) -

A Blacksburg woman is dead after the coroner says she was electrocuted while mowing her lawn.

Cherokee County Coroner Dennis Fowler says 50-year-old Wendy Panther of Holly Ridge Road died Friday afternoon after she ran over an electrically charged extension cord with her riding mower.

Officials say she was mowing grass around 1 p.m. Friday, when she knocked over a propane gas tank.

She reportedly called the gas company to come inspect the tank and then continued mowing.

That's when, we're told, she ran over the cord.

Fowler says Panther was trying to untangle the cord from the lawn mower blade when she was electrocuted.

We're told a gas company technician found her body, called 911 and attempted to perform CPR until rescue crews arrived on scene.

Fowler says an autopsy showed electrocution was the cause of death, and he has ruled the death an accident.

Copyright 2012 Fox Carolina (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved

Powered by WorldNow
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.