Walhalla man badly burned in mobile home fire - FOX Carolina 21

Walhalla man badly burned in mobile home fire

Posted: Updated:
Fire-line tape surrounds a Walhalla mobile home after it was destroyed by fire. (Oct. 8, 2012/FOX Carolina) Fire-line tape surrounds a Walhalla mobile home after it was destroyed by fire. (Oct. 8, 2012/FOX Carolina)
WALHALLA, SC (FOX Carolina) -

A Walhalla man was badly burned when his home caught fire Monday afternoon.

The fire happened at a home on Tammy Lane at 12:51 p.m.

Firefighters said that when they arrived half of the mobile home was on fire. They said a man who lived at the home was found in the driveway, suffering from severe burns.

Investigators said they believe the fire was started while the man was changing out his oxygen system.

The man, who was not immediately identified, was flown to the Augusta Burn Center for treatment, firefighters said.

The home was destroyed, firefighters said.

Copyright 2012 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.