Deputies: Man airlifted after small fire, explosion - FOX Carolina 21

Deputies: Man airlifted after small fire, explosion

Posted: Updated: Dec 11, 2012 11:49 AM
The Easley home where neighbors said the man was airlifted from Tuesday morning. (Dec. 11, 2012/FOX Carolina) The Easley home where neighbors said the man was airlifted from Tuesday morning. (Dec. 11, 2012/FOX Carolina)
EASLEY, SC (FOX Carolina) -

Deputies said a man was airlifted from an Easley-area mobile home after a small explosion and fire Tuesday morning.

Pickens County deputies said they were out assisting with traffic control at Farmington Road and Jameson Road after a man on oxygen lit a cigarette, causing an explosion.

There is no word on the man's condition. A neighbor told FOX Carolina that the man was airlifted to the burn center in Augusta, GA.

By 11:30 a.m., the scene had been cleared.

Copyright 2012 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • Photo GalleriesMore>>

Powered by WorldNow
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.