Early morning fire damages Willimantic group home - FOX Carolina 21

Early morning fire damages Willimantic group home

Posted: Updated:

Firefighters were called to a group home in Willimantic just after midnight Sunday.

The fire started on the third floor of the building.

Firefighters said a resident the fire was caused by clothes that a resident left on a heater to dry.

The fire quickly spread and caused extensive damage.

There was one person in the building when the fire started, but he was able to escape without injuries.

Firefighters were called to return a few hours later when the fire sparked up again.

Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.