The man killed in a house fire in Converse last Friday morning has been identified.
Officials said the first call about the Oakland Street fire came in just after 3 a.m.
Converse Fire Chief Tim Jones said firefighters arrived and found the home had seven people inside, six of whom were upstairs at the time. He said a 22-year-old man who was upstairs did not escape the blaze.
Spartanburg County Coroner's Investigator Teri Carter said identification records, which had to be obtained from outside the state, helped identify Cullen Tracey as the victim of the fire.
Jones said the fire appeared to have started in a wood stove.
Two dogs and a cat also died in the fire.
Copyright 2013 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Wednesday, May 22 2013 9:38 PM EDT2013-05-23 01:38:14 GMT
MOORE, OK - The trembling, mud-spattered dog whose photo went viral on Tuesday was not actually standing watch over her owner's body - her name is Susie, her owner is named Curtis Collins, and he's alive.ThanksMore >
There's a happy ending to the story of the little dog who was found standing guard over a body after the EF-5 tornado that decimated her neighborhood in Moore, OK. Her owner is alive, and they have been reunited thanks to the viral photo. More >