One dead after fire at Granville garage - FOX Carolina 21

One dead after fire at Granville garage

Posted: Updated:
GRANVILLE, MA (WSHM) -

One person has died in a fire Friday morning at a Granville business.

State police tell CBS 3 the fire broke out at Hansen's Auto Repair on Silver Street just before 9:00 a.m. Friday. State police say a homeless couple had been staying in a van on the property. A woman was able to escape the fire, but a yet-unidentified man died in the fire.

Fire investigators believe a portable propane heater/stove may have ignited bedding.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.