Students were evacuated from East Longmeadow High School around 7:20 a.m. Thursday after a gas smell was reported.
Columbia Gas and the fire department responded and students were evacuated immediately to the nearby Saint Michael's Church.
Officials determined that a couple of Bunsen burner shut-off valves were open.
Students were allowed back inside around 8:45 a.m.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Friday afternoon, lottery officials confirmed that Saturday night's Powerball drawing has hit an estimated $600 million.More >