Early morning fire destroys Longview home - FOX Carolina 21

Early morning fire destroys Longview home

Posted: Updated:
LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) -

An early morning fire destroyed a Longview home.

Around 4:39 a.m., the Longview Fire Department responded to reports of a house fire at 1820 Buckner Drive.

When firefighters arrived on the scene, the house was 75 percent involved. According to Longview Fire Marshal Johnny Zachery, the fire started in an electrical device in the living room.

There was one person that lived at the residence, who was not home at the time of the fire. The house is a total loss, with costs estimated at upwards of $200,000.

Fire crews had to shut down Buckner Drive for a few hours while they brought the fire under control and extinguished it, but all roadways are open again.

Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.