Firefighters were called into action late Saturday night.
Dennis Leger, aide to Fire Commissioner Joseph Conant, told CBS 3 that crews were dispatched to 98 Pendleton St. just before 10 p.m.
Leger said one woman was home at the time. She noticed a fire under the carpet.
Leger said an electric space heater was the cause of the fire.
He estimated that there was $50,000 in damage to the house.
No one was injured.
Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
A city-owned car that is issued to Mayor Alex Morse was involved in a drunken driving arrest just after midnight on Saturday.More >
Police were called to the rotary on their side of the Memorial Bridge for a car crash on Saturday afternoon.More >
The Northampton Airport hosted its second annual Fly it Forward event on Saturday, which promotes aviation to women.More >
CBS 3 media partner Mass Live and The Republican reported that the high speed chase started just before 12:30 a.m. on Interstate 291.More >
Four city residents are without a home Saturday night following a fire at their duplex on Ashley Avenue.More >