Firefighters find dog 'scared but alive' after apartment fire - FOX Carolina 21

Firefighters find dog 'scared but alive' after apartment fire

Posted: Updated:
ASHEVILLE, NC (FOX Carolina) -

Asheville firefighters said they rescued a frightened dog after an apartment caught fire Tuesday morning.

Firefighters said they arrived to find smoke billowing from an apartment on Erskine Street about 9:30 a.m. They said they were able to extinguish the blaze as it burned on the bottom level of the home, damaging some of the tri-level building.

Firefighters said no one was home at the time of the fire except the family's Chihuahua, which was found "scared but alive" in an upstairs bedroom.

No one was injured in the fire, though the damage has displaced the family until further notice.

Firefighters did not say what sparked the blaze.

Copyright 2013 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • Photo GalleriesMore>>

Powered by WorldNow
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.