Firefighters were called out to a two-family home on Oak Grove Avenue Saturday morning.
Dennis Leger, aide to Fire Commissioner Joseph Conant, told CBS 3 that the fire started in the second floor kitchen, near or on top of the stove.
The tenant and two children who live on the second floor were not home.
The owner of the building lives on the first floor and that person got out okay.
Leger estimated there to be $95,000 in damage.
The incident remains under investigation.
Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.