It's the one-year anniversary of the Whiskey Row fire in Prescott. (Source: Matt Brassard)
PRESCOTT, AZ (AP) -
One year after three businesses on Prescott's famed Whiskey Row were destroyed by a fire, one of three has reopened and fire protection efforts have been taken in the surrounding area to protect businesses against future blazes.
The Prescott Daily Courier reports that fire-safety sprinklers and fire alarms were installed in several historic downtown buildings after the fire, bringing them up to current codes.
Workers razed the burned-out building, and a new architectural design for the site has been approved.
The fire on May 8, 2012, was caused by an appliance malfunction in a restaurant.
The 100 block of South Montezuma Street in downtown Prescott is an historic strip of saloons, restaurants and shops.
It's been called Whisky Row since before the turn of the century.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved.
Fire protection increased after Whiskey Row blazeMore>>
Friday, August 29 2014 6:57 PM EDT2014-08-29 22:57:37 GMT
(Source: Roland Cooper State Park-Alabama/Facebook)
CAMDEN, Ala. (AP) - A gigantic alligator caught by a family in Alabama earlier this month has set a Safari Club International world record. AL.com reports a pair of master measurers from Safari Club InternationalMore >
A gigantic alligator caught by a family in Alabama earlier this month has set a Safari Club International world record. More >
While you were sleeping, the Internet never stopped… Here's what's trending today. ‘Exasperated' boy reacts to mom's pregnancy "What were you thinking? This makes no sense… This is exasperating!" AMore >
While you were sleeping, the Internet never stopped… Here's what's trending today.More >