SC boy buried, was 3rd to die in NC motel room - FOX Carolina 21

SC boy buried, was 3rd to die in NC motel room

Posted: Updated:
ROCK HILL, SC (AP) -

An 11-year-old South Carolina boy is being buried after a death that North Carolina's top health administrator says shouldn't have happened.

Jeffrey Williams's burial in Rock Hill on Sunday comes more than a week after he became the third person to die in the same North Carolina motel room from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Tests completed a week before the boy's death found carbon monoxide killed a Longview, Wash., couple on April 16 in the same room at Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza in Boone.

A state medical examiner didn't notify local health officials who could have shut down the motel.

North Carolina health secretary Aldona Wos says the deaths "should have never happened," and the state is reviewing its role in the troubled investigation.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.