Fireworks badly injure Utah worker at Kingman July 4 display - FOX Carolina 21

Fireworks badly injure Utah worker at Kingman July 4 display

Posted: Updated:
A pyrotechnician from Utah was in critical condition at a Las Vegas hospital after he was struck in the head by a malfunctioning fireworks display Thursday night in Kingman. (Source: CBS 5 News) A pyrotechnician from Utah was in critical condition at a Las Vegas hospital after he was struck in the head by a malfunctioning fireworks display Thursday night in Kingman. (Source: CBS 5 News)
KINGMAN, AZ (CBS5) -

A pyrotechnician from Utah was in critical condition at a Las Vegas hospital after he was struck in the head by a malfunctioning fireworks display Thursday night in Kingman.

Jeremy Lee, 40, was checking why a pre-packaged box of fireworks malfunctioned when they unexpectedly detonated out of the side of the tubes and struck Lee in the head about 9:30 p.m., said Kingman Deputy Police Chief Rusty Cooper.

Lee, who was wearing the appropriate safety equipment, suffered massive head injuries and burns, Cooper said.

Lee was taken from the Mohave County Fairgrounds to Kingman Regional Medical Center and then flown to University Medical Center in Las Vegas.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.