Rainy start to Saturday for many in Upstate, Western NC - FOX Carolina 21

Rainy start to Saturday for many in Upstate, Western NC

Posted: Updated:
Flooding at Bates Crossing Rd north of Travelers Rest on July 27, 2013. Photo from FOX Carolina viewer Jill S. Flooding at Bates Crossing Rd north of Travelers Rest on July 27, 2013. Photo from FOX Carolina viewer Jill S.
Flooding at Bates Crossing Rd north of Travelers Rest on July 27, 2013. Photo from FOX Carolina viewer Jill S. Flooding at Bates Crossing Rd north of Travelers Rest on July 27, 2013. Photo from FOX Carolina viewer Jill S.
Flooding at Bates Crossing Rd north of Travelers Rest on July 27, 2013. Photo from FOX Carolina viewer Jill S. Flooding at Bates Crossing Rd north of Travelers Rest on July 27, 2013. Photo from FOX Carolina viewer Jill S.
GREENVILLE, SC (FOX Carolina) -

People in parts of the western Carolinas awoke to more rain Saturday morning. A flash flood watch is in effect until midnight for Cherokee and Union Counties, in South Carolina.

The National Weather Service also issued a flood advisory for parts of Greenville and Pickens Counties along the Saluda River from 3 p.m. Saturday until Sunday morning. 

The National Weather Service wrote, "Evacuations on the Pickens County side of the river, north and south of Old Easley Bridge Road, will likely begin. Homes will be threatened in the Shady Acres Subdivision, especially along Ron Lane and in the 3900 to 4100 block of Old Easley Bridge Road. Water will begin to surround homes on Riverview Circle south of Highway 123 in Greenville County."

FOX Carolina Chief Meteorologist Kendra Kent said, "Heavy storms are shifting into the Charlotte metro, but eastern sections of the Upstate will get rain through mid afternoon.  A few more scattered storms will be possible through the evening, with damaging wind and hail being possible. We will clear Saturday night, then have a lower rain chance Sunday."

Kent said there is a 60 percent chance of storms on Saturday, and a 40 percent chance on Sunday, with highs in the 80s both days. She said any storm that develops could pack torrential rain, lightning and gusty winds.

Keep track of the rain on FOX Radar 3D and access our maps and seven-day forecast by going to foxcarolina.com/weather

We want to see any weather photos and video you take. Send them to iwitness@foxcarolina.com

Copyright 2013 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • Photo GalleriesMore>>

Powered by WorldNow
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.