Springfield firefighters respond to early morning fire - FOX Carolina 21

Springfield firefighters respond to early morning fire at High School of Commerce

Posted: Updated:

A small fire broke out in a classroom at the High School of Commerce in Springfield Wednesday morning.

According to our media partner, Masslive.com, firefighters said the fire was a result of an overheated air conditioner.

Masslive.com com said fire officials responded to school at 415 State St. around 6:12 a.m. after smoke was seen coming from the school's roof.

Dennis Leger, aide to Commissioner Joseph Conant, said the unit's filter caught on fire and caused the classroom to fill with smoke as a result of overheated wiring.

Leger believes the damage could be several thousand dollars.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation).  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.