Coroner: Man dies from burns after smoking in bed on home oxygen - FOX Carolina 21

Coroner: Man dies from burns after smoking in bed on home oxygen

Posted: Updated:
GREENVILLE, SC (FOX Carolina) -

A man died after the coroner said he was smoking in bed while using home oxygen, and he caught fire.

Greenville County Coroner, Parks Evans, said 47 year-old Oscar Stephens III, was found at his home on Glascow Court in Greenville, just before 7 p.m. Thursday.

Emergency services airlifted him to Augusta Burn Center, where he remained a patient, but later died Saturday, around 9 p.m.

The coroner said Stephens sustained multi-system organ failure, and complications from second and third degree burns over half of his body.

Copyright 2013 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.