NC DOT issues alert blaming Obamacare for traffic - FOX Carolina 21

NC DOT issues alert blaming Obamacare for traffic

Posted: Updated:
(File: FOX Carolina) (File: FOX Carolina)
RALEIGH, NC (AP) -

A contractor working for the N.C. Department of Transportation is out of a job after the agency issued a public alert blaming a traffic accident on Obamacare and female drivers.

The alert issued by e-mail on Twitter Wednesday afternoon by the state's Traveler Information Management System advised motorists that a traffic accident had closed an exit ramp on Interstate 440 East in Raleigh. The post said the crash was the result of "Women Drivers, Rain, Obama Care" and advised "Stay Home."

A second alert warned of "bad drivers" on Lake Wheeler Road.

DOT spokesman Mike Charbonneau said the bogus alerts were sent by an information technology contractor hired about six months ago who was testing the traveler information system. Charbonneau said the worker, whose name wasn't disclosed, had been dismissed.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.