Three people displaced by fire caused by animal - FOX Carolina 21

Three people displaced by fire caused by animal

Posted: Updated:
No firefighters were injured in battling the fire. (Source: Tucson Fire Department) No firefighters were injured in battling the fire. (Source: Tucson Fire Department)
Firefighters rescued a dog from the apartment before extinguishing the flames coming from the kitchen. (Source: Tucson Fire Department) Firefighters rescued a dog from the apartment before extinguishing the flames coming from the kitchen. (Source: Tucson Fire Department)
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

A midtown apartment fire that Tucson Fire Department says was started by an animal this morning has left three people displaced.

According to a news release, an animal known to jump onto the counter and stove area turned the knob on the stove when no one was home in the apartment in the 2100 block of North Bell Avenue.

Firefighters rescued a dog from the apartment before extinguishing the flames coming from the kitchen. 

No firefighters were injured in battling the fire.

The Red Cross will assist the displaced residents. 

Investigators have not yet estimated the amount of damages.

Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.