Firefighters: No carbon monoxide issue in Limestone College - FOX Carolina 21

Firefighters: No carbon monoxide issue in Limestone College dorm

Posted: Updated:
Limestone College is located in Gaffney, SC. (Dec. 5, 2013/FOX Carolina) Limestone College is located in Gaffney, SC. (Dec. 5, 2013/FOX Carolina)
GAFFNEY, SC (FOX Carolina) -

Dispatchers in Gaffney said three Limestone College students were treated for carbon monoxide exposure, prompting a brief evacuation on campus.

Dispatchers said about 50 students were evacuated from a dorm because of the potential exposure. They said there were elevated levels of carbon monoxide, but it was not carbon monoxide poisoning.

Gaffney firefighters said a few students had elevated levels of CO and were taken to the hospital, but their levels were minor.

After checking the New Residence Hall for CO, firefighters said everything was safe and there was no problem in the dorm. Dispatchers said the emergency crews had cleared the scene by 6:30 a.m.

Firefighters said they do not know what caused the elevated levels in the affected students.

Copyright 2013 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.