Fire officials in Anderson say a kerosene heater is to blame for two neighboring homes catching fire.
Anderson fire officials responded to the homes on Cleveland Avenue early Wednesday. Firefighters say the home had oxygen tanks inside, which exploded when they caught fire. Officials say the explosion of the tanks caught the house next door on fire.
Three people were inside the first residence. They were all taken to the hospital with minor burns. One man was inside the second house, but he was able to make it out without injuries.
Investigators said the first house burned down from the blaze and the second home sustained heavy interior damage.
Officials told us the fire rekindled after it was put out. They are investigating how that second fire started and whether or not it was intentionally set.
The Anderson County Arson Task Force is now on scene investigating the second fire.
The cause of the first fire has been ruled accidental.
Copyright 2014 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Sunday, August 31 2014 3:28 PM EDT2014-08-31 19:28:29 GMT
Disturbing pictures of an injured kindergartner from Pascagoula have made a mother's call for action go viral online.More >
Disturbing pictures of an injured kindergartner from Pascagoula have made a mother's call for action go viral online. Friends and family of a Pascagoula kindergarten student have created a Facebook page and GoFundMe.com account claiming the girl was attacked on the playground this week by another student.More >
Sunday, August 31 2014 4:12 PM EDT2014-08-31 20:12:10 GMT
CONWAY, SC (WMBF) – Dozens of videos are all over Twitter from parties held at Coastal Carolina University. Many of the posts lead back to a group called I'm Shmacked. It makes videos at universitiesMore >
Dozens of videos are all over social media from parties held at Coastal Carolina University.More >