Firefighters: Alternate heat source sparks fire in Spartanburg - FOX Carolina 21

Firefighters: Alternate heat source sparks house fire in Spartanburg

Posted: Updated:
SPARTANBURG, SC (FOX Carolina) -

Spartanburg firefighters said a home went up in flames after an alternate heat source caused a mattress to catch fire.

The fire on Burke Avenue broke out after 8 p.m. Tuesday.

Fire officials said there were people inside the home at the time of the fire, but they got out safely.

The people inside the home tried to put the fire out themselves but were not able to contain the flames, according to firefighters.

Officials said the majority of the damage was to the interior of the home.

Copyright 2014 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.