Fire breaks out at Spartanburg diner - FOX Carolina 21

Fire breaks out at Spartanburg diner

Posted: Updated:
The small fire broke out at Simple Simon diner in Spartanburg. (Jan. 8, 2014/FOX Carolina) The small fire broke out at Simple Simon diner in Spartanburg. (Jan. 8, 2014/FOX Carolina)
SPARTANBURG, SC (FOX Carolina) -

A 24-hour diner in Spartanburg caught fire Wednesday morning, according to dispatchers.

Spartanburg 911 said a fire broke out in the ceiling of Simple Simon at 108 S. Pine Street.

Dispatchers said all but one lane of Pine Street was open to thru-traffic while firefighters were at the scene. By 7:30 a.m., the scene had cleared and the restaurant was back open.

They said no one was injured and everyone made it out of the restaurant safely.

Crews at the scene said the fire was in the HVAC system but was minor.

Copyright 2014 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.