Joshua Michael Fulbright (left) and Patrick Grant Covone (Source: Oconee Co. Sheriff's Office)
Marszalek's home burned to the ground just six days after he reportedly went missing. (Jan. 15, 2014/FOX Carolina)
Marszalek was reported missing just before the new year. His body was found on Friday. (Source: Oconee County Sheriff's Office)
WESTMINSTER, SC (FOX Carolina) -
The Oconee County Sheriff's Office has charged two men with murder after a missing man's body was found in his burned down home in Westminster on Friday.
Deputies have charged Joshua Michael Fulbright, 28, and Patrick Grant Covone, both of Westminster, with murder in the death of 61-year-old Richard Marszalek, according to Jimmy Watt of the sheriff's office.
Watt said investigators believe the murder happened sometime between Dec. 27 and Dec. 29 at 141 West Spearman Rd. in Westminster, which the victim shared with Covone.
Watt said a woman went to the sheriff's office this past Saturday and reported that Marszalek had been missing since Dec. 29.
The home Marszalek was living in burned to the ground just six days after he reportedly went missing.
According to warrants provided by the sheriff's office, Fulbright and Covone caused the death of Marszalek "due to blunt force trauma about the head."
Fulbright was arrested on Jan. 12 on multiple drug charges and faced a judge on Friday afternoon for the murder charge and four other charges from another incident in September of 2013.
Covone was arrested and served with a murder warrant at 8:30 p.m. Friday.
Watt did not comment on the condition of the victim's body.
An autopsy has been scheduled for Sunday.
The sheriff's office is still investigating.
Copyright 2014 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
While you were sleeping, the Internet never stopped… Here's what's trending today. ‘Exasperated' boy reacts to mom's pregnancy "What were you thinking? This makes no sense… This is exasperating!" AMore >
While you were sleeping, the Internet never stopped… Here's what's trending today.More >
Friday, August 29 2014 2:00 PM EDT2014-08-29 18:00:30 GMT
Britain's Home Secretary Theresa May says the country has raised the terror threat level from substantial to severe, but says there is no specific threat.More >
Prime Minister David Cameron pledged Friday to plug gaps in Britain's armory to combat terror, describing the extremist threat posed by the Islamic State group as being more dangerous than even that of al-Qaida.More >