DMX's agent says boxing bout with Zimmerman canceled - FOX Carolina 21

DMX's agent says boxing bout with Zimmerman canceled

Posted: Updated:
Fox Carolina interviews DMX Fox Carolina interviews DMX
HOLLYWOOD, CA (FOX Carolina) -

Rapper DMX was picked to step into the ring with George Zimmerman on Wednesday in a celebrity boxing match, but the rapper's representative said Saturday that the fight had been canceled.

"Damon Feldman has announced that the George Zimmerman fight is canceled via his Twitter," said Domenick Nati of Nati Celebrity Services. "We thank you for all of the support from DMX's fans. This situation will not affect any of DMX's upcoming concerts in America or around the world."

"It was my decision to cancel the George Zimmerman fight," Hollywood boxing promoter Damon Feldman posted on his Twitter feed Saturday.

A subsequent tweet from Feldman read "I walked away from a million dollar payday with this fight but to be honest I'd rather be happy and make people happy. Thank you."

According to Feldman's Twitter feed, a media conference in which he would reveal the details of the fight had been scheduled for Wednesday.

Copyright 2014 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.