Fire destroys portable classroom. (Feb. 15, 2014/FOX Carolina)
MAULDIN, SC (FOX Carolina) -
A portable classroom at a Greenville County school is a complete loss after a fire early Saturday morning.
Spokesperson for Greenville County Schools Oby Lyles said an electrical short in a heating unit is suspected to be the cause of the blaze that burned the portable classroom behind Mauldin Middle School.
Lyles said the classroom was used two periods a day for English for speakers of other languages classes.
Classes previously held in the room will be temporarily moved to other rooms as they determine a permanent replacement, Lyles said.
Copyright 2014 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Sunday, March 9 2014 9:32 PM EDT2014-03-10 01:32:37 GMT
Three men were killed after a small airplane crash-landed in a Hartsville neighborhood Saturday. Authorities received the call that the plane had crashed around 7 p.m. between two houses about one mileMore >
Three men were killed after a small airplane crash-landed in a Hartsville neighborhood Saturday. More >