Boy who died in gas poisoning remembered - FOX Carolina 21

Boy who died in gas poisoning remembered

Posted: Updated:

ROCK HILL, S.C. (AP) - A Rock Hill mother whose son died from carbon monoxide poisoning in a North Carolina hotel is creating a list of hotels in South Carolina and North Carolina that have carbon monoxide detectors.

Jeannie Williams told The Charlotte Observer (http://bit.ly/1b9P1g0) the list will be part of the Jeffrey Lee Williams Foundation she is going to create to honor her 11-year-old son.

Authorities say the boy died in June at a Boone, N.C., motel after a faulty pool heater allowed carbon monoxide gas into their room.

Williams also wants the foundation to provide carbon monoxide detectors to rural fire departments, dormitories and clubs that do not have them.

Two other people died in the same room two months before. The president of the motel has been indicted on involuntary manslaughter charges.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.