Firefighters battle Asheville blaze that spread from shed - FOX Carolina 21

Firefighters battle Asheville blaze that spread from shed to attic

Posted: Updated:
ASHEVILLE, NC (FOX Carolina) -

An Asheville home caught fire Monday morning after a shed sparked and the flames spread to the house.

More than 40 Asheville firefighters were called to the Governors View Road home.

They were able to get the fire under control and the family out safely, according to fire department spokesperson Kelley Klope.

Klope said the fire started in a shed, extending to the home's attic and chimney area.

No injuries have been reported and crews were still on the scene as of 6:30 a.m. There is no word yet what sparked the fire.

Copyright 2014 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.