One firefighter was shocked by a falling electrical line while trying knock down the flames.
WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – Firefighters from different agencies responded to a large fire Monday afternoon. One firefighter was shocked by a falling electrical line while trying knock down the flames.
Witnesses captured the event on their cell phones. In the video captured by Charles Davis, you can see a line connected to the house spark and fall, striking New Hanover County Firefighter Lieutenant Robert Pate.
Pate was responding to a fire that burned two homes and one garage on Hadley Court when the electrical wire attached to the house snapped and struck him.
Pate was taken to the ER as precaution with non life-threatening injuries. He has since been discharged and is reportedly doing "fine."
You can see the raw video in the player above. On mobile? Look in the "Top Video" section on the free WECT news app for iPhone and Android.
Sunday, August 31 2014 3:28 PM EDT2014-08-31 19:28:29 GMT
Disturbing pictures of an injured kindergartner from Pascagoula have made a mother's call for action go viral online.More >
Disturbing pictures of an injured kindergartner from Pascagoula have made a mother's call for action go viral online. Friends and family of a Pascagoula kindergarten student have created a Facebook page and GoFundMe.com account claiming the girl was attacked on the playground this week by another student.More >
Sunday, August 31 2014 4:12 PM EDT2014-08-31 20:12:10 GMT
CONWAY, SC (WMBF) – Dozens of videos are all over Twitter from parties held at Coastal Carolina University. Many of the posts lead back to a group called I'm Shmacked. It makes videos at universitiesMore >
Dozens of videos are all over social media from parties held at Coastal Carolina University.More >