Man dies from injuries after 'sucker punch' in King St. altercat - FOX Carolina 21

Man dies from injuries after 'sucker punch' in King St. altercation

Posted: Updated:
Clinton Seymour (Source: Facebook) Clinton Seymour (Source: Facebook)
Clinton Seymour (Source: Facebook) Clinton Seymour (Source: Facebook)
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - A 27-year-old Johns Island man who has been in a coma at MUSC since early Saturday morning after being attacked by another man on King Street has died, according to the Charleston County Coroners Office.

The coroner's office says Clint Seymour was pronounced dead Monday at 1:40 p.m., two days after a violent encounter on upper King Street left him in a coma. Clint Seymour's father, Don Seymour, told WTAE in Pittsburgh that his son was pronounced dead with "his parents, sister and two best friends at his side."

An incident report states police arrived at the intersection of King Street and Morris Street around 1:46 a.m. to find Seymour unconscious on the sidewalk and multiple witnesses on the scene.

Witnesses told police Seymour and two others were walking down King Street when a joke was made by one of the men, which led to a verbal altercation with another group of guys.

According to one witness' report, the Seymour fell to the ground after being "sucker punched," resulting in him hitting his head on the concrete. Multiple people began throwing punches while others came to the aid of Seymour.

Three of the people involved in the fight reportedly then left the scene in a Lexus SUV.

Seymour was transported to MUSC, where doctors say he had multiple skull fractures, swelling of the brain, and was in a coma.

Seymour, who would have turned 28 on May 5, is from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Police say 26-year-old Peter Dudinyak was arrested after a witness was able to flag down an officer and point towards the direction he was running. Dudinyak was charged with first degree assault and battery and simple assault. On May 12, the felony charge was dropped against Dudinyak and he was released from jail, based on surveillance footage and additional witness reports, police said.

He was being held at the Charleston County Detention Center on a $251,092 bond.

Copyright 2014 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Powered by Frankly
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.