(From L to R) Dakota James Lampinen, Cole Andrew Holombo and Darrien Milo-Troy Kinnunen (Source: Greenville Co. Sheriff's Office)
Flames soar from the home as seen from outside the entrance gates. (Courtesy Cara B.)
The smoldering remains of the home on Locust Hill Road. (May 4, 2013/FOX Carolina)
TAYLORS, SC (FOX Carolina) -
Five people, including two juveniles, have been charged in the arson of a Taylors mansion.
Master Deputy Jonathan Smith with the Greenville County Sheriff's Office said 17-year-old Dakota Lampinen, 18 year-old Cole Holombo and 17-year-old Darrien Kinnunen have been charged with third-degree arson and first-degree burglary of a home on Locust Hill Road in May.
Smith said the names, photos and charges of the two juveniles, who are 15 and 16 years old, will not be released due to their age.
Some of the fire continued to burn, and the rubble smoldered until the next day.
"It was a four-story structure, and as the floors collapsed it trapped a lot of the debris between them. The water cannot get in there too, so eventually we had to cease operations," said Fire Capt. Duane Brock with the Piedmont Fire Department.
According to warrants, the suspects are accused of breaking into the house through a rear window, pouring a flammable liquid throughout the home and setting it on fire.
According to the realty website Zillow, the home was a 10,620-square-foot, four-bedroom house built in 1985 set on a 10-acre lot. The realty listing on Zillow states the house was "bank owned" and called it a "major fixer upper."
Firefighters said the home had been vacant for at least two years.
Copyright 2014 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
While you were sleeping, the Internet never stopped… Here's what's trending today. ‘Exasperated' boy reacts to mom's pregnancy "What were you thinking? This makes no sense… This is exasperating!" AMore >
While you were sleeping, the Internet never stopped… Here's what's trending today.More >
Friday, August 29 2014 2:00 PM EDT2014-08-29 18:00:30 GMT
Britain's Home Secretary Theresa May says the country has raised the terror threat level from substantial to severe, but says there is no specific threat.More >
Prime Minister David Cameron pledged Friday to plug gaps in Britain's armory to combat terror, describing the extremist threat posed by the Islamic State group as being more dangerous than even that of al-Qaida.More >