Tropical Update: Looking at the Atlantic - FOX Carolina 21

Tropical Update: Looking at the Atlantic

Posted: Updated:

The area of low pressure that we have been watching has moved off the coast of South Carolina and is now about 150 miles out into the Atlantic. Once again, with warm sea surface temperatures in place coupled with low vertical wind shear, tropical development will be possible for the next few days.

The National Hurricane Center is continuing to update their forecasts as the low drifts southward towards Florida. The latest outlook has this unorganized cluster of storms under a medium chance (40%) of developing in the next 48 hours. The outlook for the next five days give this cluster of storms a high chance (60%) of development.

Once again, we will want to keep a close eye on the Atlantic for the next few days to see the behavior of these storms. Early spaghetti plots have not settled on any specific trends in terms of direction of the system.

There is a scheduled Hurricane Hunter flight for Sunday afternoon, which will likely give us more information on this development. As more data comes into the weather center, we will be sure to keep you updated!

As always, keep it locked with Fox Carolina for the latest!

Powered by Frankly
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.