Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Van Rental Center
Van Rental Center offers 6 helpful van driving tips.
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The end of summer is near and family and friends are hitting the road one last time before the kids have to go back to school. Big families and larger organized groups are turning to the Van Rental Center for their choice of a 15 passenger van rental in Los Angeles and other outstanding vehicles. Van rentals at LAX this summer are also on the increase, and although the vehicles are the perfect size for vacations and road trips, they are unfamiliar to some drivers. For that reason, Van Rental Center wanted to offer these handy safety tips.
6 Safe Van Driving Tips:
• Van Rental Center is responsible for properly maintaining all of their vehicles and will never rent to a customer if the van is not ok to drive; the firm prides itself on its extremely thorough approach to ensuring all vans are ready to drive. However, to be safe, whenever you rent a van from any agency, ensure that your customer care rep and you will take the same steps you would with any other vehicle before taking it out on the road. First, check the conditions of the tires. Check for uneven wear, cracks and damage.
• Wear seat belts! Keep all seat belts accessible and require that all passengers use them. It saves lives and it's the law!
• Don't rush. Particularly if you are not used to driving a van, there may be a period of adjustment required. Even so, the pressure of being in a hurry is understandable, but being in a rush isn't good for your blood pressure or your judgment. Whenever you can, leave plenty of time for your journey, including a bit extra for any unexpected hold ups. That way you can stay calm and cool on the move while everyone else is tearing their hair out.
• Sit Comfortably. Getting your driving position right is important for lots of reasons. Firstly, sitting right means secure long-haul trips, and most importantly, can help to prevent back pain. Correct driving position also means correct mirror adjustment, so take a minute to optimize your field of view before setting off.
• In emergencies, vans react differently than cars. Make all drivers of these vans aware that the handling characteristics of vans are different, especially during an emergency like a tire blow out.
• Do not overload a large van, and do not use a roof rack or strap on cargo to the back of the van. As the weight inside a van increases, so does the van's propensity to roll over.
The Van Rental Center believes the only way to truly take a family vacation or road trip with your friends is to travel by van! Just be sure you to follow the safety tips above and the drive will be smooth. For further information, including details on pick-ups, drop-offs, passenger van rental at LAX and other services offered by Van Rental Center, call 1-855-267-VANS. Phone lines are open seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. PST. Information can also be found on the web at www.vanrentalcenter.com.
PR Submitted by www.Cyberset.com
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.