Multiple crews respond to roof fire due to burning solar panels - FOX Carolina 21

Multiple crews respond to roof fire due to burning solar panels in Spartanburg Co.

Posted: Updated:
Solar panels burning on top of building in Spartanburg Co. (Source: Tyger River Fire Chief) Solar panels burning on top of building in Spartanburg Co. (Source: Tyger River Fire Chief)
SPARTANBURG, SC (FOX Carolina) -

Multiple fire departments were on scene of a roof fire caused by burning solar panels in Spartanburg County on Saturday, according to the Tyger River Fire Chief.

The chief said the solar panels were burning due to a malfunction.

Crews received the call shortly after 1 p.m. that a house was on fire in the 200 block of Walcott Drive. When crews arrived they were able to completely extinguish the fire before flames traveled to the inside of the home.

Two neighbors had already forced-entered into the home and saved the three dogs that were inside at the time. The fire chief said if it had not been for them there would have been structural damage to the home.

No injuries or damage was reported other than the solar panels.

Copyright 2016 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.