Deep fryer catches fire at Haywood Co. school - FOX Carolina 21

Deep fryer catches fire at Haywood Co. school

Posted: Updated:
CANTON, NC (FOX Carolina) -

A fire was reported at Bethel Middle School on Monday.

The fire chief of Center Pigeon Fire Department said a deep fryer caught fire in the kitchen of the school. By the time firefighters arrived on scene, the school's fire suppression system had reportedly extinguished the flames.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

The fire chief said there was no structural damage, but some equipment was damaged in the kitchen.

FOX Carolina has reached out to the district for more details.

Copyright 2017 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.