Firefighter, resident hospitalized after Spartanburg Co. house f - FOX Carolina 21

Firefighter, resident hospitalized after Spartanburg Co. house fire

Posted: Updated:
(FOX Carolina/file) (FOX Carolina/file)
SPARTANBURG, SC (FOX Carolina) -

A firefighter in Spartanburg County remains out of work after a house fire on Saturday.

The North Spartanburg Fire District was called to a house fire around 11 p.m. at a home on Hunters Pointe Drive. Firefighters said when they arrived, they found a heavily-involved garage fire spreading into a room above the garage and the entire attic space.

A resident of the home was transported to Spartanburg Regional for burns. One firefighter also sustained non-serious injuries and was transported to the hospital. NSFD said the firefighter remains out of work.

A second firefighter was treated on scene for a heat-related illness and has since returned to work.

The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental. Investigators said it appears vapors from a motorcycle fuel tank ignited as the resident was opening the garage door.

MORE NEWS: Deputies: Upstate couple woke up to naked sex offender in bedroom

Copyright 2017 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.