Fire chief: Lightning strike cause of house fire in Spartanburg - FOX Carolina 21

Fire chief: Lightning strike cause of house fire in Spartanburg Co.

Posted: Updated:
Scene of fire on Ferree Road. (7/4/17 FOX Carolina) Scene of fire on Ferree Road. (7/4/17 FOX Carolina)
CAMPOBELLO, SC (FOX Carolina) -

The Campobello fire chief said a lightning strike started a structure fire in Spartanburg Tuesday afternoon.

The fire occurred at a home located on the 200 block of Ferree Road in Campobello around 2:40 p.m., officials say.

Fire Chief Eddie McNeill said lightning hit the home and ran the wiring in the bathroom vent. He is not sure what exactly it hit and what it following, but the strike also resulted in the power shutting off in the home.

No injuries were reported in the blaze.

The Campobello, Holly Springs and Gowensville Fire Departments responded.

Red Cross will not be assisting the family.

More news: Sheriff: 2 relatives arrested after search for 11-year-old in Laurens Co.

Copyright 2017 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.