Anderson firefighters responded to gas leak at Walmart - FOX Carolina 21

Anderson firefighters responded to gas leak at Walmart

Posted: Updated:
(FILE/FOX Carolina) (FILE/FOX Carolina)
ANDERSON, SC (FOX Carolina) -

Officials in Anderson said a gas leak occurred at a Walmart store on Wednesday.

Police said the Anderson Fire Department responded to a gas leak at the store on 28 Bypass. Firefighters said the store was evacuated and the gas line was cut off. 

Firefighters stated that the leak was found and repaired. 

Piedmont Natural Gas was on scene to assist with repairing the issue.

A witness contacted FOX Carolina and said he was evacuated from the store after an announcement was made over the speaker system.

According to firefighters, the store will be open again on Wednesday night. 

Copyright 2017 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.