Carbon monoxide leak causes evacuations at Buncombe Co. strip ma - FOX Carolina 21

Carbon monoxide leak causes evacuations at Buncombe Co. strip mall

Posted: Updated:
Carbon monoxide (Source: Associated Press) Carbon monoxide (Source: Associated Press)
Buncombe County (FOX Carolina) -

Fire crews responded to the scene of a carbon monoxide leak at a Buncombe County strip mall Monday evening.

Fire officials say they discovered high levels of carbon monoxide at the strip mall located on the 1800 block of Hendersonville Road.

Officials say 12 people were evacuated from Anytime Fitness.

No injuries were reported, and no one was sent to the hospital. All shops are now closed.

The Ingles in the shopping center did not have any unusual levels of carbon monoxide, officials confirmed.

After an investigation, officials said it was determined that a floor refinishing machine was not properly ventilated, causing the carbon monoxide level to rise.

MORE NEWS: Consumer group warns of these 10 'dangerous toys'

Copyright 2017 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.