Fire department issues important warning for anyone using space - FOX Carolina 21

Fire department issues important warning for anyone using space heaters after early morning fire

Posted: Updated:
Kraft Street fire (Source: Gaffney PD) Kraft Street fire (Source: Gaffney PD)
GAFFNEY, SC (FOX Carolina) -

The Gaffney Fire Department posted an important safety message after responding to a house fire early Thursday morning.

The fire broke out just before 3 a.m. on Kraft Street in Gaffney.

Firefighters said two people and multiple pets made it out safely.

Firefighters said the investigation revealed the cause to be a space heater that was kept too close to combustible materials.

There fire department posted this important safety warning on Facebook for anyone using space heaters:

“We still have quite a while of cold nights ahead. We urge all residents that if you are using space heaters or any other kind of heaters to make sure they are at least 3 feet from any combustibles and that you are not using too many, (which may lead to electrical problems).”

The Red Cross is assisting the family.

Copyright 2017 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.