Asheville hotel evacuated after HVAC catches fire - FOX Carolina 21

Asheville hotel evacuated after HVAC catches fire

Posted: Updated:
ASHEVILLE, NC (FOX Carolina) -

Tenants at a hotel in Asheville were evacuated Sunday morning after an HVAC caught fire, per fire officials.

Firefighters with the Asheville Fire Department responded to the blaze at the Clarion Inn off New Port Road. They said an HVAC in a room on the first floor had caught fire.

All tenants inside the hotel were evacuated as fire crews worked to extinguish the flames.

One employee was transported to the hospital due to smoke inhalation. No other injuries were reported.

MORE NEWS: Deputies: Florida woman fatally shot misbehaving puppy

Copyright 2017 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.