Colleagues share photos of man killed in Anderson Co. house fire - FOX Carolina 21

Colleagues share photos of man killed in Anderson Co. house fire

Posted: Updated:
Roger Joe Grubbs "Rabbit" (Source: The Place To Be Facebook page) Roger Joe Grubbs "Rabbit" (Source: The Place To Be Facebook page)
Coroner called to scene of Anderson Co. house fire (FOX Carolina/ 1/3/18) Coroner called to scene of Anderson Co. house fire (FOX Carolina/ 1/3/18)
Coroner called to scene of Anderson Co. house fire (FOX Carolina/ 1/3/18) Coroner called to scene of Anderson Co. house fire (FOX Carolina/ 1/3/18)
Coroner called to scene of Anderson Co. house fire (FOX Carolina/ 1/3/18) Coroner called to scene of Anderson Co. house fire (FOX Carolina/ 1/3/18)
ANDERSON, SC (FOX Carolina) -

The coroner said a man has died after a house fire in Anderson County Wednesday night.

Dispatchers confirmed they got the call just before 10:30 p.m. about a fire along the 3000 block of Shawnee Avenue.

The fire chief said the fire was contained to one room, and was caused by a cigarette. Firefighters found multiple cigarettes laying around the house.

Anderson County deputy coroner Charlie Boseman said 62-year-old Roger Joe Grubbs died from smoke inhalation.

The Place To Be, a private club in Anderson where Grubbs worked, shared photos of him on Facebook following his passing:

Family told investigators that Grubbs was a heavy smoker.

MORE NEWS: Officials: Firefighter arrested after locking baby with heart defect outside in cold during standoff

Copyright 2018 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.