Fire chief: Space heater likely cause of house fire on Old White - FOX Carolina 21

Fire chief: Space heater likely cause of house fire on Old White Horse Road

Posted: Updated:
House fire on White Horse Road. (1/6/18 FOX Carolina) House fire on White Horse Road. (1/6/18 FOX Carolina)
House fire on White Horse Road. (1/6/18 FOX Carolina) House fire on White Horse Road. (1/6/18 FOX Carolina)
GREENVILLE, SC (FOX Carolina) -

Multiple fire units responded to a house fire early Saturday morning on White Horse Road.

The call came in around 2:50 a.m.

Fire Chief Lee Kelly with the North Greenville Fire Department said the fire was contained to one room of the home. He said the room has one wall that was burned and had water damage as well as smoke damage.

The three children and two adults who live there and were home at the time of the fire were not injured. No other injuries were reported.

Chief Kelly said at this time, the cause of the fire seems to be the space heater.

The Berea Fire Department also assisted with the blaze.

MORE NEWS: Police seek suspect they say exposed self at Greenville TJ Maxx store

Copyright 2018 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.