Official: No evidence of gun after rumors circulated in Buncombe - FOX Carolina 21

Official: No evidence of gun after rumors circulated in Buncombe Co. school

Posted: Updated:
(file photo | Storyblocks) (file photo | Storyblocks)
ASHEVILLE, NC (FOX Carolina) -

A spokesperson for Buncombe County Schools said Thursday that investigators found no evidence that a gun was ever on campus after rumors were circulated on Monday.

Stacia Harris, Director of Communications for the school district said there had been rumors about a possible altercation at North Buncombe High School and that a gun may be involved.

"NBHS school administrators were made aware of a rumor of a potential altercation after school Monday," Harris said in an e-mail. "Law enforcement thoroughly investigated this situation. The rumor included the mention of a weapon being involved. Officers found absolutely no evidence that a gun was on campus or had ever been on campus."

She said additional law enforcement was called to the school at the end of the day but school safety was maintained through the process.

Harris said the principal sent a notification message to parents as an abundance of caution.

MORE NEWS - Teen charged after making threat against Macon Co. school while exiting school bus
Copyright 2018 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.