Fire Chief: Gaffney home 'total loss' after early morning fire - FOX Carolina 21

Fire Chief: Gaffney home 'total loss' after early morning fire

Posted: Updated:
(Source: Gaffney Fire Department). (Source: Gaffney Fire Department).
GAFFNEY, SC (FOX Carolina) -

The City of Gaffney Fire Chief Jamie Caggiano said a home is a "total loss" after an early morning fire. 

Chief Caggiano said the fire occurred at a residence on 12th Grubb Street around 3:30 a.m. Thursday morning. 

The fire was caused by an extension cord that overheated, Chief Caggiano said. 

The family was out of town and no one was home at the time of the fire. 

MORE NEWS: Family: Man in ICU after hit and run crash in Boiling Springs

Copyright 2018 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.