Fire marshal believes discarded cigarettes in trashcan caused Up - FOX Carolina 21

Fire marshal believes discarded cigarettes in trashcan caused Upstate house fire

Posted: Updated:
(Source: FOX Carolina) (Source: FOX Carolina)
(Source: FOX Carolina) (Source: FOX Carolina)
SPARTANBURG, SC (FOX Carolina) -

Fire officials believe discarded cigarettes in a trashcan ignited a fire in an Upstate home on Tuesday.

Per Spartanburg City Fire Marshal Brad Hall, the fire damaged the bedroom area of a home located on Bomar Avenue in Spartanburg. He said smoke damage was also noted throughout the home. The home was not a total loss.

The call came in around 3:30 p.m. and took about 10 minutes to put out.

No injuries were reported, however, Red Cross is assisting the family with any immediate needs.

The homeowner said that he dumped an ash tray into the trashcan prior to the fire starting in the bedroom. Hall believes this is what started the fire.

The Spartanburg City, Hilltop and Roebuck Fire Departments responded to the blaze.

MORE NEWS: One injured as boats, dock engulfed in fire at Lake Hartwell marina

Copyright 2018 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Fox Carolina
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WHNS; Greenville, SC. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.