Recipe from Claire LeMoine of Denham Springs, La.
- 4 bananas
- 4 apples
- 4 oranges
- 1 can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 jar cherries, no stems, w/liquid
- Lemon juice or fresh lemon cut in half.
- Small amount of sugar if needed.
- Peel bananas, slice in half long ways, then cut thin half circle slices. Place in a non-metallic bowl.
- Squeeze 1/2 of a fresh lemon, removing seeds, or add 1/4 cup lemon juice. Stir well.
- Wash apples, take out core. Slice, then chop into small bite size pieces and add to bowl. If needed, add more lemon juice to coat all pieces.
- Peel oranges, removing white inside peel, then pull apart into small pieces removing any seeds.
- Add 1, 15-16 oz can drained pineapple tidbits, then add a whole jar of cherries (no stems) with liquid.
- Stir well, taste. Add sugar as needed, depending on the sweetness of the fruit and the amount of lemon juice used.
Refrigerate and serve cold.